View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 06:06 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizedale View Post
A few observations, updated to 0.7 this morning and found that

I. Would not now allow me to save to disc from device, it goes through the motions but the book does not appear, no matter which option I choose.

II. When a book has been transferred to device and I unplug, the length of loading time has been greatly extended, has gone from a seconds to at least a minute. No great hardship I know but just wondering why.

Because of the above I have reverted back to 0.6.55 and all the above issues have gone away.

Windows 7 64bit, 4G Ram
The new version cached all the books (metadata) on your reader to a file on your reader. I would just have done a shutdown via the menu then turn it back on fresh and let it go through its start sequence. That might clear the cobwebs out and give it new life.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote