View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 02:06 AM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by krizzz View Post
All -

I am really confused on this one. I had a hodge podge of books in different formats. I took the time with Calibre to convert them all to epub and get the Author, Title, and Series correct for every book.

The problem is that when I copy them to my Android tablet, each book is still showing all of the old information. I see each file has a "metadata.opf" file with it, but I assume this is being ignored by the reader.

How do I modify the actual epub files themselves to have the correct information?

TIA!
Did you correct the metadata BEFORE you converted them to ePub? The Calibre metadata gets mbedded into epub files during conversion. If you want the embedded metadata to be updated AFTER converting to ePub then I would recommend using the Modify ePub plugin.

Also, what method did you use to transfer the books? Calibre normally also updates the metadata when you use 'Send to Device' or ' Save to Disk'. It would not get updated if you used OS level facilities to transfer books directly from Calibre's library storage to your device bypassing the Calibre transfer facilities.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote