View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 12:40 PM   #41
charleski
Wizard
charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
There's one point she makes that is a great justification for single-purpose ebook readers:
Quote:
A traditional book offers no distractions. No pop-ups, no games, no bells, no whistles. Just you, the book, and your thoughts.
Which is exactly what I get with my 505. One of the problems with computers is that it's so easy to distract yourself by clicking on another window. With an ereader I can turn the page, go to a bookmark or a chapter, and that's it, which is perfect.

While paper books have their attractions, there's a lot I don't miss:
Old perfect-bound books whose glue is decaying so that the pages fall out.
Large heavy books that won't stay open and need to be held down so you can see the page you're reading.
Bookmarks that fall out so you lose your place and have to spend 10 minutes finding it again.
etc etc
charleski is offline   Reply With Quote