View Single Post
Old 09-26-2009, 07:38 AM   #32
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Well, since the article explicitly said that for example the smell thing was a personal thing and unimportant I do not get why everybody in this thread talks about smell since it was not used as an argument.
'Smell' was used as an argument for why HE didn't like ebooks. I think he's a doofus in this regard.

He did imply that it would take a 'new generation' to use these ebooks... one not habituated to paper books. Hence, that people used to pbooks would generally NOT take to ebooks. Silly.

Let's summarise the actual article:

- a library without books?
- ebook readers can hold lots of books and they're more transportable
- I love paper. That might just be me.
- rows and rows of pbooks inspire awe. That might just be me too.
- I like knowing how far through a story I am. Computers don't tell me that.
- ebook readers might encourage skimming
- pbooks offer no distractions
- ebook readers need to be recharged
- ebook readers can be hacked/file-modified
- I hope all libraries don't do this

Meh. I think the 'oh fer crying out loud' gang have a fair point here
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote