Thread: MobileRead Nomination/Voting early
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 09:09 AM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
I'm not sure postponing the discussion is very helpful. Even now, people can't wait, and discussion starts in the voting thread. Personally, the longer I have to wait, the less likely I am to participate in the discussion (not that I have much to offer anyway.).

I think I would rather see the discussion thread opened immediately following the voting thread. And, of course, let it go up for a vote and not take affect until next year.
Why have a vote? This is not something that really changes things all that much. If you are not read for the discussion, you just ignore the discussion thread until you are ready to participate. Then you read it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote