View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 12:12 AM   #24
Snorkledorf
Blue. Not sad...just blue
Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ridibooks Paper Pro
Minchou and Gothic, yeah. Those are the same two font styles on my Japanese PW. Good to know!

I'm still totally amazed that you can connect your device back and forth between one country's store and another's! I mean technically it makes sense but I always just assumed that Amazon would be like, "Ah HAH, you're trying to do some unknown sneaky thing!" and not let it happen. So again, cool!

And that's even more reason not to buy a Japanese Paperwhite if you're going for the 3G model, it seems to me. If all the same languages work, and you get access to the same dictionaries, and the only apparent hardware difference is the 3G (works in many countries, vs. only 1 country)...and on top of that you can connect your device to whatever store you like...then why buy the version that does less? With all that I'm literally not seeing any advantage the the Japanese 3G model at all.

There's no J-E dictionary on my device either, just E-J (which was set as the default English dictionary) and J-J (and 2 E-Es).

The image shows the 4 dictionaries I have with the Japanese PW, not counting Portuguese and such that I don't use.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PW-J Dictionaries.png
Views:	226
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	96673  

Last edited by Snorkledorf; 11-23-2012 at 12:18 AM.
Snorkledorf is offline   Reply With Quote