Thread: Typos in ebooks
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2011, 12:47 PM   #220
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
I have created only one ebook from an MS Word document (my husband's book), but yes, I did fix the HTML code. I also have a separate CSS file. The MS Word-generated HTML is certainly a mess, even when you choose the filtered option!

I created another ebook by adding all the HTML code by hand. It was very time-consuming but rather fun, actually.
One thing I have done in the past is to create the ePub from the Word sourced HTML and then take the HTML and load it into Bookdesigner. Bookdesigner basically filters out the garbage and then save again as HTML. Take the HTML from BD, copy the chapters and replace then ePub chapters. Then clean up as needed. Sometimes it's a lot less work.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote