View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 11:40 AM   #18
elibrarian
Imperfect Perfectionist
elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johneltin View Post

The problem is not in my word file - when I deleted the SINGLE space between two paragraphs and pasted into Sigil book view I got my one desired space automatically. However, I want to keep my single spaces in 'word' and I'm buggered if I can work it out.
You're answering your question yourself. Space between paragraphs in Word should not be inserted as an empty line, but set in the style. As others here are saying, you have to learn to use Word as a wordprocessor, and you have to learn some basic html/css, if you are serious about making epubs. I think Sigil is a great gift to the epubmaking mankind, but like other tools of any trade, it has its quirks and it has a learning curve.

Hm, enough lecturing -

Regards,

Kim
elibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote