View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 10:57 PM   #2
Merischino
Groupie
Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Pixel 2, Kindle Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonytheBookworm View Post
is there a program to do a soft reset or is there a way to make the calibre server somehow drop it and force a reset? Just wondering what to do...
I haven't managed to get a download to complete successfully from the content server, but that's not why I'mposting... if you already have the ebook on your Fire and can verify that in the file structure, then using an android reading program should work. You can side-load, for example, CoolReader or FBReader, and once that's installed you navigate from within the reading app to the folder where your content lives. The books still wont display in the "books" or "documents" view in the Fire launcher, but you will be able to read the books you've manually added to your Fire.

Hope that helps! (kudos back to Obsessed2, not me, if this works.. he just gave me this recommendation yesterday. i'm just a n00b passing along his knowledge.
Merischino is offline   Reply With Quote