View Single Post
Old 11-26-2009, 03:49 PM   #12
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather Parker View Post
Gone With the Wind is the classic disappointment for me. I read this as a young teenager and thought it a great, romantic adventure. I read it more recently and discovered many unpleasant undertones in it. I found it patronising and racist and I have no wish to read it again. I don't know if anyone else has found this?
I read Gone with the Wind at 13 or 14, I remember having some sort of flu and zipping through the book in 2 days while resting in bed. My mum just bought me a copy recently out of the blue; I'll be sure to post my thoughts after I re-read it.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote