Thread: Glo Android on Glo
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013, 05:11 AM   #229
takikura
Connoisseur
takikura has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.takikura has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.takikura has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.takikura has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.takikura has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle sony reader boox 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarekGibek View Post
Fully functional Android 2.3.4 for Kobo Touch (N905C) and Kobo Glo.

What's new:
  • Tolino updated to 1.2.4 (no crashes, English version - but not everything translated, support for dictionaries) and fixed to fit on 800x600 screen (try it and buy Tolino reader or uninstall it - it is a commercial app and you cannot use it - I forbid you!)
  • cleaned up my private data
Dear MarekGibek

Thanks for this great work. Now your system is running on my Glo. I use this reader mainly for learning German, reading German books with the help of various German - English dictionaries. I also use this for reading Japanese books in 6 inch pdf format. For these purposes the Tolino reader works quite well with its dictionary fuctions. But there are two problems with it;
1. The current veriosn on the Glo is 1.2.4 as you stated in the above. If I start to use it, it will automatically try to up-grade itself to 1.3.0 and its download starts, which is immediately followed by an error "Downloading the software-Update was interrupted. Please make sure that your tolino is connected...". I know that you do not want to make us criminals. But how can I test the new verson on my Glo. There are some problems with 1.2.4 and they may have been fixed with 1.3.0.
2. As somebody wrote before, this reader will check SD cards for new books when started or disconnected from PC. Since one of the dictionaries I use have about 6000 text files, they are listed as new books every time when it search books on the SD cards, taking few minutes. Is there any possibility of stopping this search?

I would appreciate it very much, if you could help me with these problems.

takikura
takikura is offline   Reply With Quote