Thread: Sigil Plugins!
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 03:16 PM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Why not QT? When I created the GUI for the epub2pdf script I was only a novice in python (I still am) and had never done any GUI programming, let alone QT.
Even though I said "for myself," I'll more than likely share whatever I come up with. So even though I prefer the look of QT (and agree that it's fairly painless), I usually try to confine my scripts to modules that will work with "standard" Python installs. TKinter is standard in most Linux flavors (as well as OS X), and comes with Activestate's Python for Windows as well. PyQt is usually an addon. I enjoy sharing python scripts that other users won't need to install extra modules to get up and running. I guess you could say it was a slightly obsessive hobby of mine.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote