View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 05:30 PM   #29
J. Garrett
Enthusiast
J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, 6" E-Ink
I generally don't use chapter titles. Which is not to say that I'm against the practice, as there are situation where it can enhance the tension/drama/anticipation, but I kinda feel like it's tends to get dangerously close to "giving away the plot in advance," which would be served as coming through in the natural flow of the story rather than having a chapter title tell me about what I'm getting ready to read.

Just my own thoughts on it, feel free to completely disregard what I think!
J. Garrett is offline   Reply With Quote