View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 10:57 AM   #72
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
[T]hings just work right on my iPad and iPt5 whereas not much ever worked right on any Android tablet I ever owned. Android apps are typically poorly written and barely tested crap. I found that if I want to accomplish anything constructive on a tablet or phone it needs to run iOS.
Two years ago, I'd have understood your point, which leads me to wonder whether you've used a phone or tablet with Jellybean yet. The Nexus 4 is a solid answer to UI complaints which Google have noted and tried to fix systematically. So are Nexuses 7 and 10. Similarly, a number of Android apps have been improved.

Because every OS is fluid, it might be a mistake to make claims for iOS over Android at every single stage of development. Seamless hardware-software integration is a constant with Apple, but Google now does almost the same thing strategically while maintaining Microsoft's everyman compatibility with devices which aren't in-house.

The irony of the Mini is that, for the first time, Apple is behind Google in terms of hardware development. The UI flows as one would expect, but the resolution choices and (icon) support for a 7" tablet seem more rushed than usual. Even the name seems rushed.

Apple has had worse luck competing with Google Maps than introducing the Mini -- which argues against the idea that content is always less problematic in the App Store than in Google Play.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 01-21-2013 at 11:23 AM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote