View Single Post
Old 07-28-2008, 02:57 PM   #2
llasram
Reticulator of Tharn
llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I downloaded one of the free ePub eBooks available at BooksOnBoard and I used Adobe Digital Editions to transfer it to my 505. When I go to try to read it, I get it saying it's only 1 page and then I get a page error. What am I doing wrong?
Epub DRM acts on a per-file basis, so you should be able to unzip the Epub book (renaming it to have a '.zip' extension if necessary on your platform). If the unzipped contents reveal something like just one giant HTML file then there's your problem -- the Reader version of ADE has an upper limit on the size of HTML files it will render. (I haven't tested what that exact size is -- perhaps one of the Adobe people could enlighten us?) Adobe warned about this in their Epub "Best Practices" guide, but I guess not all publishers were paying attention.

-Marshall
llasram is offline   Reply With Quote