View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 08:33 PM   #188
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
EDITē:
Here goes... openssl-0.9.8, glibc-2.6.
Thanks a ton for that!

I had been trying to compile libarchive3 on my current system, but it kept bailing out with some obscure errors due to some ACL* stuff not found. C headers are a nightmare if you dare to be interested in something newer than your distro supports. (And yes, Java .jars can be just as well).

I have quickly tested the last attached version (openssl-0.9.8/glibc-2.6), and it seems to work like a charm (I simply included all -d k5* flags EXCEPT the one I knew was affecting my device, and it failed. Then I included all of them, and it worked. So I suppose you got it right )

I didn't test all of the features, and I need some sleep now, but I guess I'll switch over to your tool real soon. In the mean time, would you mind updating the Wiki page (the kindletool section, that is)?

Again, thanks a lot!

PS: Just thinking aloud: I also think that new kindletool is worthy of its own thread (in analogy to other important tools/tricks/etc.), so it can easily be found, referenced to, and have its information kept up-to-date in the first post.

Last edited by ixtab; 05-08-2012 at 08:52 PM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote