View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 11:40 PM   #11
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
P.S. A reverse shell is easy, but I am trying to get dropbear SSH working. Getting close. I will provide a package that will be easy to install from diags, to provide SSH and to run RUNME.sh on the USB Drive if it finds one. I will use one of my "secret" jailbreak methods to do this, but it will make NO changes to the main or diags boot partitions, unless you select those options from a menu.
Oh yes, I did nc Lvm 192.168.15.244 -e /bin/sh but no luck! Just to say that I tried my best not to be spoonfed (as I don't like those who are like that) and I worked my *bum* off... But not having access to my Linux for time being, doing all these debricking operations in Windows is a catch!

Anyway, next I tried the following RUNME.sh script:
Code:
mntroot rw
echo "it works!" > /mnt/us/test.txt
factory_reset
mntroot ro
Here, 2nd line is just to see if the script is called. Then I put the data.tar.gz file in /mnt/us/. Exit from USB in diags mode, rebooted Kindle, didn't unplug the USB cable, and ... it didn't work. I can confirm that coming back to diags mode and seeing my USB, the RUNME.sh is not run!!!

Oh please don't disclose your secret jailbreak method until ... you know what I mean. Also, guess what geekmaster?! You're Awesome.

Last edited by thatworkshop; 02-21-2012 at 04:21 PM.
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote