View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 10:39 PM   #10
viviena
Evangelist
viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently Kobo Clara HD and Aura One, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmacaskill View Post
The Kobo default font (and I don't pretend to understand how these things work) is much more attractive than that of the K3. I brought in a few non-aligned judges (read: people who don't even know what an ereader is); five of five preferred the Kobo font. The K3 font looks like a fat Bookman.
Thanks. I was curious about how the K3 font compared. Elsewhere I've been discussing the Kobo compared to the new Sony I have, and I realised that I still prefer the font on the Kobo. Its serif font is very nice.

I would really like to see the Kobo drop down in price, and become a much more competitive reader in the market. Despite how it seemingly pales in comparison to the K3 (or the new Sonys), there's still many good things about the Kobo (mainly its elegance and simplicity), and I do think it deserves more attention than it's currently getting.

I'm also waiting excitedly for the Kobo's next firmware update.
viviena is offline   Reply With Quote