View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 04:07 AM   #47
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosediver View Post
Thanks for the response. Granted, while some of the files are from, shall we say less than legitimate sources, a lot were purchased online. It doesn't seem to matter the source, these glitches are affecting any book not downloaded from Kobo, whether they are .mobi, PDFs or whatever.

I'll try the Calibre method, but as far as I remember the reader won't read epubs.
Whether they are .mobi or PDFs? Hah, I should have asked what file format you were using. .mobi were initially not officially supported by the new Kobo range. Some .mobi work, others don't. PDFs aren't formatted and don't reflow: again, Kobo does exactly what it's told and shows you the exact way the PDF was made.

Epubs are most definitely supported! In fact, they are the main format to use when sideloading! You might be confused with Kindle: Kindle only supports .mobi.

So that might be your problem. I'm positive converting to epub, especially if you do it with Calibre, will solve your problem
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote