View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 06:52 PM   #34
sneakyspider
Ereader Addicts Anonymous
sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (2)KO2, PW7thGen., KT2, iPadMini1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
I've got some 50 units. Close to 30 tablets and ca. 25 eBook readers.
I've built this collection since 2008.
There was a time (until ca. summer 2010) when I was able to buy every new gadget. I loved the first 2 or 3 days of checking out features and toying around. Now there simply are too many different units and I have to choose.
But I already know about some of the gadgets I have to buy:
Microsoft Surface Pro for sure.
I'll certainly buy about every Kindle that comes out.
I've got more than 700 books from Amazon, so I'll stick to Amazon. Every new Kindle brings some features I'd like to have.
And I have a simple calculation for all my toys: How many hours will I use them in total? What does the original buying price then mean per hour of usage? And usually I end up with a surprisingly small figure.
If I read, let's say, 3 hours per day, that's 1.000 hours per year. If I buy 5 tablets (€ 400 on average x 5) and 5 readers (€ 200 on average x 5) that's just € 3.000 per year = € 3 per hour.
Way cheaper than cinema.
Dramatically cheaper than dinner in a restaurant.
Even if I add the price for an ebook to the equation, it's still one of the cheaper (and more fulfilling) hobbies...
Still: I try to reduce the amount of my gadgets, as I simply loose track which one to charge next.
You make me feel less guilty about having 5, soon to be 6, ereaders. At the rate I'm buying them I might soon equal your collection. I should really slow down my collecting, but I have a birthday coming up...
sneakyspider is offline   Reply With Quote