Thread: style sheets
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 01:16 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramwell1922 View Post
Thanks. Okay I've started to create a style sheet. I've looked at the required properties, but the list does not tell me what the values mean. Where can I find a reference for epub style sheets that allows me to find all the tags that I need, and how to use them, ideally with examples, for the effects I'm looking for?
Bottom line. You need NO stylesheet (as long as you are willing to accept the devices default).

IMHO the best way to decide, is to reverse engineer from EPUBS you like.
I lean toward the older Baen (Webscription) model. Lean and mean.
Set the <body>,
Set the basic <p>,
Maybe a tweak to the default <h#> (usually a chapter heading) style

All the rest is custom per book (no bloated, kitchen sink stylesheet for me)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote