View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 04:36 PM   #1
kressg23
Enthusiast
kressg23 began at the beginning.

Device: EZ Reader, iPhone
Aztak EZ Reader advice

Hi all,

I've had my Aztak EZ Reader for a year now and LOVE it with the exception of a few minor, albeit annoying things. Let it be known that I have read more than 50 books through my EZ Reader during this time, so it gets used daily.

The first problem I have is that it will reboot itself randomly when I try to advance the page. I tried changing the firmware when I first bought it, to the Hanlin firmware and it didn't fix anything. After several months, I updated the firmware with the Aztak update. This problem has existed since I purchased the device. I thought at first that it would happen when the battery was starting to get low, but it seems to do it throughout the life of the battery, even when it's fully charged. The device will also occasionally (maybe once every other book) lock up completely to where the reset button on the back must be pushed. If there were something to do to remedy this, I'd be thrilled.

Next problem is that with my excessive use, the corners are starting to crack. I baby this device so how this can be happening is a mystery to me. If my precious EZ Reader continues to wear out, I may be forced to replace it, but considering it took me more than 6 months to decide on this one, finding another will probably be difficult. lol

Lastly is that the page numbers are never accurate. I typically read mobi format in this device. Perhaps I should consider a different format? I use Calibre, so converting to something else is not an issue.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
kressg23 is offline   Reply With Quote