View Single Post
Old 06-24-2014, 05:55 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma'am-I-Am View Post
First of all, Calibre sort of confuses me. I use it mainly to convert from one format to .mobi or .az*, and to (try) to keep a database. I still need to learn to use the cataloging features!

The directory on my PC holds all my ebooks, whether bought thru Amazon or not. I'm a little paranoid about losing books.

When I Add Books to Calibre, is it actually copying the book from my PC ebook directory? Or is it just referring to it? If I delete the ebook from my PC directory, can I still access it and transfer it to Kindle from Calibre? If something happens to Calibre and it is no longer usable or if I switch to another software, will I still be able to extract my books from the Calibre database? As I have it set up now (with a copy on my PC and Calibre and some at Amazon), how many copies do I actually have?!

I'm so sorry if this is confusing and a newby-in-diapers question!
A COPY

Once in the Library, you can Move the original to a Archive (backup) drive.

Backups are good
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote