View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014, 07:25 PM   #14
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorfindel View Post
what I meant was that some viruses attempt to install when you close the page it's on...
Ah, OK, I see. I wasn't sure if your comment was tongue-in-cheek or not. Hard to tell online sometimes how things are intended. Thanks for clarifying.

Now that you mention it, about things trying to install when you close a web page, a while back I went to a page where a popup window showed up offering to download something, and clicking on any button in that window (even if it said "no" or "cancel") would start a download, or even using the red 'x' in the corner to close the window would start the download. I think in that case I closed the entire browser and ran a scan with Malwarebytes, which did find a partial of a malware file.

I've also had it happen where I've gone to a web page and my AV software popped up a warning about some malware of some sort trying to run. If my memory is correct, I think that was a java exploit, which my antivirus software blocked. (I don't have java on my windows machines anymore.)

When I read Alexander's post, I had wondered if it was that sort of exploit in a signature or something like that that Alexander was referring to.
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote