View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 06:46 AM   #104
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan Moody View Post
One of Amazon's monthly Kindle deals for October is Laird Barron's recent collection The Beautiful Thing That Awaits Us All for $1.99.

I have a print copy of this one waiting to be read. Barron is really good, perhaps the finest contemporary writer in the Lovecraftian tradition.

Other new horror deals include Joe Hill's Heart-Shaped Box and H. P. Lovecraft's Book of the Supernatural for $2.99 each. The former has been discounted several times, so you may already have it.
I've been avoiding this thread purely because I've hated nearly all of the books offered here, and once you buy a book on Amazon, it seems to haunt your preferences, cloud storage and everything else no matter how quickly or often you delete it.

That said, Ellen Datlow's a huge fan of Laird Barron's, and she tends not to like work that's truly bad, so I feel inclined to try at least one of his books despite the fact he can be a pain to deal with in real life. I never believe in holding an author's personality against their work.

So thanks for this, Brendon. I'll buy it and have a quick look.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote