View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 06:47 PM   #73
JLuecking
JLuecking began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I find a lot of helpfull hints in this thread. I tried the trick to rename fonts internally and externally and it worked. I tried the patch from the russian ebook forum and it works tremendously well. Yet I never complained about the lost space on the bottom and this fix is a bit too much for me. I am happy about the line spacing fix. With that the appearance in the Aura is even more like a book and more pleasant to read. My favorite fonts on a high resolution smart phone under CoolEdit are Calluna and Sabon Next. My favorite font on the Aura is Charis SIL Compact. I can change size with an online tool at fontsquirrel, the webfont generator. It blocks commercial fonts from Adobe, Linotype or Microsoft. The need for enlarging fonts comes, because the Aura has the right size to me about 32, probablay depending on the font and book formatting. Here you can vary in steps by 4: 28 - 32 - 36, which does not help. I wonder if Metazoa can add a fix in his patch similar to what he did with the line space setting.

@dmapr:
Maybe you can ask this too.

I wonder if resizing a font can be done in the commercial version of Type Light (Type 3.2). I see that you can use a clone of ScalePStoTT (Global/Run Action).. But then the x-height grid must be fixed. I think I will need to read the manual. Want to try out before I buy. Has somebody done this before?

Thank you
Joachim

Last edited by JLuecking; 07-29-2013 at 11:58 PM.
JLuecking is offline   Reply With Quote