View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 08:44 AM   #69
dmapr
Evangelist
dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anak View Post
The TypeGenius font weight and sharpness adjustments seems to work (fw 2.5.2) without patching nibnickel.so.1.0.0. but you'll have to do it manually as it is not accessable directly in the GUI. But that's why it needs to be patched, isn't it?

Try these two sets of settings. Replace the font name into any other installed sideloaded font.
In the second set I renamed Font in Aont so it will be bypassed by the fw. Rename to notice the difference.

Code:
readingFontSharpness\Minion%20Pro%20OsF="@Variant(\0\0\0\x87=L\xcc\xcd)"
readingFontWeight\Minion%20Pro%20OsF=@Variant(\0\0\0\x87>8Q\xec)

readingAontSharpness\Minion%20Pro%20OsF=@Variant(\0\0\0\x87>L\xcc\xcd)
readingAontWeight\Minion%20Pro%20OsF=@Variant(\0\0\0\x87<8Q\xec)
Yes, I believe the reason for patching was to trick the GUI. I have renamed my one sideloaded font (Charis SIL) to a TypeGenius enabled one (Delima) that was only in the list but on on the device and left it at that
dmapr is offline   Reply With Quote