View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 12:34 AM   #345
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainvision View Post
yes sure, naturally!

http://www.mediafire.com/?4hgd0zh46teebpq - 10,24 MB

http://www.mediafire.com/?udiqajxa78czjij - 13,77 MB

This first one is a newspaper and the second a magazine, both italian.. I think that they could be considered 2 standards for their categories..

thanks you again!
In general, I don't think you're going to be happy using k2pdfopt to convert these kinds of PDF files. K2pdfopt isn't designed to handle such complicated layouts well. You might try something called PDF Masher, but it's more involved--you have to manually specify the layout. If you want to try them, these are the best options I could come up with, but, again, I don't think you'll find the results very readable:

k2pdfopt -mode 2col -evl 2 -col 4 -cg .03 -ch .5 -crgh .01 -m 0 -cgr .5 -sm file.pdf

The -sm option will create a ..._marked.pdf file which shows how your document is being flowed so you can see if it is flowing correctly. Use -p to limit the page range so you can try things out on just a few pages, e.g. -p 10-20.

You can see what all these options do on the command-line usage page. Unfortunately, the options above don't work as well as they should because the -evl 2 option is buggy with your magazine document because the vertical lines are so thin (I have fixed this just now for the next release).

You might also see if these periodicals are available in e-book or tablet form.

Last edited by willus; 03-13-2013 at 09:11 PM. Reason: typo fix
willus is offline   Reply With Quote