View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 07:21 PM   #12
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
And then when you get to the part in the chapter with the endnotes, you have to page turn past it to get to the next chapter.

The proper way to do it is all the endnotes in one file with a style that does a pagebreak so when you go to the endnote, it is the only one shown.

I have to disagree. Having something in the middle of the book that has a very good chance of taking the reader out of the story is not a good idea at all.
I don't use footnotes in stories so much unless the are biographies. They are for reference works like histories. Try my Miller's Church history uploaded in the ePub section. In it the footnotes are after each paragraph that they occur in. They don't get in the way of the "story" but are handy if the eBook reader doesn't support links.

Dale

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote