View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 06:01 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
One reason for putting the endnotes at the end of each chapter would be to avoid having to dump the current chapter, open the endnotes, and repeat in reverse to get back. On some readers, like my BeBook, the chapter opening delay can get annoying. I think, but I'm not sure, that the anchor code will be simpler, as well.
And then when you get to the part in the chapter with the endnotes, you have to page turn past it to get to the next chapter.

The proper way to do it is all the endnotes in one file with a style that does a pagebreak so when you go to the endnote, it is the only one shown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
That is a reason I would like them in the chapter. Most most books there are only a few and depending on pagination you might not even have an extra page. It also affords an opportunity to scan them quickly to see if there is something you missed. Unfortunately footnotes can be for documentation or might include explanatory information. There is no way to tell unless you follow the link. Having them at the end of the chapter will the chapter is still fresh on your mind is useful to not miss something useful.

Dale
I have to disagree. Having something in the middle of the book that has a very good chance of taking the reader out of the story is not a good idea at all.

Last edited by JSWolf; 07-30-2011 at 06:04 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote