View Single Post
Old 03-20-2008, 05:54 PM   #16
Gudy
Wizard
Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux (623)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunohod View Post
It is enough to zip the .prc and rename the resulting .zip to .fb2.zip.

The font name "FreeSans" is definitely without spaces under linux.
Yup, got it to work now. Both custom fonts and mobi files work. :-)

But I think I'll stay with the original 2008-01-29 firmware for now:
1. FBReader doesn't seem to be able to display images, as both the cover images of fb2 files and the images I know to be in the Sherlock Holmes Omnibus prc are not displayed.
2. I don't know whether that is a problem with this particular mobi book or a general failing of either the FBReader plugin or the Mobipocket format, but it doesn't display a TOC for the book, which means that extracting the html and then using Book Designer to create an fb2 from that - which does have a proper TOC both in CoolReader and FBReader - is the better option for me.
3. The CoolReader fb2.css presents far more detailed formatting options than the FBReader ui.xml
4. The CoolReader progress bar just plain looks better IMO.

Making the association between file type and plugin in the book shelf configurable would be awesome! That way I could use FBReader for Mobipocket and CoolReader for fb2, which would be great.
Gudy is offline   Reply With Quote