View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 07:44 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Of course it is less work. The hard part with folder support is to implement a good user interface and even a browser that shows the directories is more work than just globbing the files.
I'm not sure that I agree with you. Implementing a simple folder browser isn't difficult. Simply display the contents of a folder and have two different icons to represent files and folder. If you "select" a book, open it; if you select a folder, move down a level and display its contents. A flat list is considerably more work, because you have to keep track of the actual location of everything you're displaying, allow for duplicate names in different folders, and so on.

I am convinced, personally, that not displaying folder trees was a deliberate design decision based on market research feedback from the intended user base. Of course, that's just a personal opinion and I have absolutely no evidence to back it up.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote