View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 07:44 AM   #11
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Just to illustrate my point of "the world not working this way"...

Several years ago, my father worked on the design of an MP3 player (brand and model are not important). The device ended up not supporting AAC playback, even though they internally planned on supporting it. The reason? Nothing to do with licensing or the like... It was bug. A bug in the decoder chip they used. They caught the bug too late to make it financially viable to order a new batch, so they shipped the player to the market as it was, without AAC support. It still sold very well, and the second generation of the device had full support for AAC.

And it wasn't "market research" that told them not to include this feature, it was a simple cockup. These things happen, and they happen very often, in every device these days... when was the last time anyone bought a computer game that didn't have a patch out the first week of release?

I'm not saying it's that there's no folder support in the reader because of a bug, but it's more than likely that it's not present because of some similar consequence of the design environment.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote