View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 07:37 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
And come on... users being confused by folders? Anyone who's buying a tech gadget like the Reader knows about folders... tech savvy is one thing, but understanding folders... my grandmother understands them, and she's 86.
I honestly think that you overestimate peoples' abilities. I run my own software business, and most of the support calls that I get for my software are precisely due to lack of basic computer knowledge.

Quote:
Your problem is that you think that it's such an obvious feature (and it is!), there must be same grand reason why they haven't included it. Sadly, that's not the way the world works. It's probably something trivial really...
Stop and think about it for the moment. The Reader does actually support folders - it just doesn't visually show you the folder hierarchy. Don't you think that generating a flat file list from a folder tree is actually rather more work than simply showing the folder tree in the first place? There has GOT to be a reason why they decided to hide it from users.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote