View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 07:01 AM   #5
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhbailey View Post
What I have observed is that with about 300 book on a memory stick (4GB but well under the 2GB of data which the 500 will recognize) it takes a long time to place or remove a bookmark in the current book, even if it's one of the internal memory books and not one that's on the card. Removing the card returned the action to instantaneous.
Yes, that does seem like a major problem.

Also, when I get my PRS 505 in a few days, I'll PM you so you can send me the books you are using so we can test the speed (if you still want to). I'm planning on getting a Memory Stick card, and I believe I have an SD card lying around here somewhere....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhbailey View Post
I understand the enticement of having an entire library on a memory stick or SD card, but I can get around 300 novels (most LRF files converted from PG files with perhaps 30 or so commercially published files). With my current reading schedule (about an hour per day, unfortunately) it takes me a week or so to go through most of the novels (longer for some Dickens and Collins and Austen books), so I have about 6 years' worth of books on my reader currently. Certainly enough for a lengthy vacation!
Ahh, but I want to put in basically every book that has even the most remote chance of me reading it, plus a few I surely never will (hey, I may lend the Reader to a friend, and they will have different tastes). Basically, I want to create my Reader library, transfer it to a memory stick and practically never have to transfer anything to it again (maybe a few new releases, bu that would happen like once a year).

I gathered 1.3 GB of ebooks already, and I'm currently in the process of converting thousands of them to LRF (the important ones by hand through Book Designer, the less important ones by converter... but it depends on the format too)
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote