View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 06:37 AM   #3
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
No, it is not possible to do this on the 505.

I really wouldn't worry about battery lifetime. Using a memory card does indeed reduce memory somewhat, but are you really bothered about whether you have to recharge every 3 weeks or every 2 weeks? Battery life is still extremely good, even with a memory card.
Yes, but the other reason is lack of folder support. From what I understand, the Reader crams everything into a flat list, laughing in your face while completely disregarding your futile attempts at organization (drama added for emphasis).

And I would love it if I could just transfer stuff I'm going to read for the next week or so to internal memory, and not have to bother with wading through 4 gigs of books every time I feel like reading something different.

And I can't believe I'm saying this, but folder support is the killer feature to get for the Reader. What on God's green Earth were they thinking when they thought "meh... who needs that?". From what I gathered from the firmware update thread, one of the things they're working on is supporting epub, which is a format no one is using, and there is no mention what so ever about the most basic file browsing support.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote