View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 06:27 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
First off, my PRS-505 is currently shipping.

I have read on this forum that memory cards drain battery juice, even if the reader is in "sleep mode", and Memory Sticks drain less than SD cards.

So... is it possible to load a bunch of books on the card, and transfer books from the card to internal memory without the use of a computer? What I'm saying is, using the internal memory as a sort of temporary location for currently-being-read books, but having a memory card around with several gigs of other books, and when you read the ones in internal storage, you insert the card, transfer a few books and take it out again. You also transfer the ones from internal memory to the card.

Is it possible to do this from the menus of the device?
No, it is not possible to do this on the 505.

I really wouldn't worry about battery lifetime. Using a memory card does indeed reduce memory somewhat, but are you really bothered about whether you have to recharge every 3 weeks or every 2 weeks? Battery life is still extremely good, even with a memory card.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote