View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 01:36 PM   #1
joerg
joerg began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
FUYO SOFT says hello from Germany

Hello everybody,

my girlfriend and I are the owners of a little startup that we do in our freetime after our regular work. We publish ebooks containing Japanese Mangas in the original language together with vocabulary, grammar and other explanations so that even people with only solid beginners knowledge can read these Mangas.

My girlfriend is Japanese and works as Japanese teacher in Germany, so her job is to provide the contents. Me being a former developer and speaking English fluently, am her ghost writer, web designer, developer, publisher, ...

We have initially started our business some time ago with a selfmade reader written in Java for cellphones and PDAs, but as reading books on cellphones never became a story outside Japan, we have just recently started making ebooks for readers like the Sony PRS 505.

If you want to see what we are doing please visit our website www.fuyosoft.com. We have a free excerpt of our first ebook in PDF form, I am currently working on getting the other Mangas reformatted into the new form.

What I would especially be interested in is feedback from owners of readers other than the PRS 505 (which I own myself and have tested the PDF with). The PDF has embedded all necessary fonts and is DRM free so it should run on other devices equally well.

The layout was especially designed to be well readable on a 600x800 pixel display as I have had a lot of bad experience with other PDF based ebooks on my PRS 505 so far.

So writing us some feedback here on the forum or sending us an email is highly welcome.

Joerg
joerg is offline   Reply With Quote