View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 01:45 AM   #2
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I'm not a published writer but I can't help but think that it will increase sales for those who sell at Smashwords in the long run. I mean say a given writer has their work at $4.99/book usually and is an unknown to a reader who goes there. And they set one of their books at $0.00 with the coupon this week. So a new potential customer picks up that book and reads it. They like it, and want more by the same author. A person is more likely to buy from an author whose work they've sampled (traditionally via library loan or borrowing a friends book) than one whose work they've never had access to before. At least that's how I see it.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote