View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 02:03 AM   #33
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Mandatory to indicate the length of a book? Perhaps mandatory to include a reading difficulty scale. And a indication of the religious, political and whatever other beliefs of the author that someone somewhere thinks might be relevant to their personal happiness. Anytime I see the someone trying to justify their personal set of prejudices by saying make it mandatory, my BS detectors spring to attention.
eh? Then they are faulty this time. Just what personal prejudice did I display? I can't believe I am prejudiced because I want to know a bit more info about the item I might intend to purchase!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Personally, I choose books based on prior experience with the author, previews (thanks, Baen!), recommendations by friends, etc (including some states of sheer boredom when I read anything with printing on it). I don't remember ever choosing a book based on it's length --
Sometimes you might feel like trying a new author yourself - or even a book not reviewed elsewhere. So, when looking at the new book on one of these web sites, how do you know it's not just a short story instead of a complete novel?
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote