View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 09:35 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakulos View Post
I have a little netbook (asus eee pc 4g surf) that currently has eeebuntu 2.0 NBR running on it (based an 8.something ubuntu I believe).

Now I'm very much a linux novice and it takes me ages to get anything done on it. The question I have is can I get Sigil up and running on this version of the OS If go down the route of installing source, QT4 and Cmake - or do I need to find and install a newer flavour OS?

Now the machine only has 4G and a tiny screen so only really really lightweight OSs work on it so I just wanted to check before I embark on either;

a) attempting Sigil on the current OS
b) installing a more 'compatible' linux flavour and then adding on Sigil

Either way with my limited skills I know I have several days of anger filled installing ahead

Cheers,
Rak
(ed)Ubuntu 8 is really old. The Linux builds don't cover that far back mostly because of dependencies, which is part of the reasons that the linux installer packages ceased (around Sigil 4). Sigile 6 package is available for Ubuntu 12.x , Sigil 5.3 for Ubuntu 11.x.
Believe me. Sigil 6 is what you`will want once you ave used it.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote