View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 07:40 AM   #1
ghudod
Connoisseur
ghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toys

Device: none
Red face cheap e-ink reader for reading PDF ebooks?

Hi,

As I'm not in the U.S. the selection of ebook readers I can choose from is as follows:

-Amazon Kindle 5 ad-supported
-Barnes & Noble Nook Simple Touch (I've tried this one in a store - was OK, little bit worried about not being able to change font size and text reflowing while reading a sample PDF)
-Sony PRS-T1
-Sony PRS-T2

My budget is unlimited. I'm willing to pay more if there's something in an ebook reader that I absolutely need. Read: I'll pay more for a Sony PRS-T1/2 for the openness, if worth it.

My requirements:

-Must have a memory card slot or some other way of getting content onto it
-Must have good (read: I'd prefer if I could change e.g. font size) PDF support
-Must have an e ink screen

My reading will be limited to plain text inside PDF (fiction mostly - no academic papers). Also, I will only be reading at home, so touchscreens are fine, though I have nothing against regular ones.

Any recommendations?

Last edited by ghudod; 11-07-2012 at 08:28 AM. Reason: narrowed choices down a little bit
ghudod is offline   Reply With Quote