Thread: PRS-505 Broken PRS-505 Screen?
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 01:52 AM   #12
barryo2002
barryo2002 began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin v3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop2009 View Post
True.. There are different settings for each production batch of screens. If you don't have factory settings profile for the screen, don't buy it.
I bought the screen for my PSR-505, installed it, but picture quality was really bad - lot's of artifacts, poor contrast etc. I tried about 10 of different profiles, but none of them helped.
Well then, you learn something new everyday!! good job i posted here! I was currently debating whether or not to buy the screen for my reader. I never saw anything about needing factory settings anywhere though. Could anyone give a brief description of what the setup entails? Is the settings profile updateable through the readers USB or is it something that should be done before fitting the screen with some special hardware?

On another note, I have already bought the papyre 6.2, still waiting on delivery, it boasts a llinux O.S, wifi, web browser, built in speaker etc.

To be honest, Im a firm believer that a coffee maker should be able to make good coffee, and a mobile reader should be able to display Ebooks as well as possible. These days electronics are too centered on doing everything and anything and often the principal function suffers as a result.

I would have went ahead and got another 6.1, same as the one that broke, but the store doesn't stock them anymore. ,Anyone know if it corresponds to another "OEM" Hanlin model? The Papyre 6.1 is actually a Hanlin V3, but i can't find any information on the parent model of the Papyre 6.2.
barryo2002 is offline   Reply With Quote