View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 01:05 AM   #3
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
One way or another Amazon is footing the bill for 3G wireless, whether it's through direct payment or through a portion of book proceeds, or some other sort of revenue sharing. I don't see AT&T or Sprint being willing eat the 3G costs at all.

As to heavy 3G users, I'm not sure there are any. The browser is greatly improved on the K3, but that's not saying a whole lot. It's nice in a pinch, but I can't see anyone spending that much time on it. Now if someone out there is using their Kindle for some sort of tethering I can definitely see Amazon putting a quick stop to that.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote