View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 03:54 PM   #7
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
I haven't gotten my research process fully worked out yet, but I've been getting some really great ideas reading all your comments.

At this point, I read the documents on the iLiad, and scribble. But I need to collect notes about what I'm reading elsewhere, e.g. a laptop, which kind of defeats the purpose. I want to try the new bookmark/comment feature just developed for ipdf and what I'd like to be able to do is somehow extract those comments straight into something like bibtex. Now that we can export the CF card on the iLiad, I thought I might use that for my primary storage, accessed on my laptop via USB as needed (and backed up regularly). But I think it would be tedious to use the keyboard to enter very long comments, and I'm not yet sure how well the handwriting recognition would work for this. I'd be happy enough if I could get a little "post-it" note to write on that would be exported somehow with the reference, so I could read it when I'm getting ready to write. I'd also like to be able to highlight chunks of text to include in my bibliographic database.

All this is really why I justified buying the iLiad instead of sticking with my eBookwise 1150, so I'm really hoping the current trend in innovations for ipdf and related tools will continue, because I do see us headed in the right direction.

I just wish I could use the same annotation tools on HTML and RTF, as well-- I occasionally get reference documents in those formats.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote