View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 11:23 AM   #1
branchedout
branchedout began at the beginning.

Device: Soon-to-be K3
Having a very hard time converting a comic and keeping it in order!

Hi there. I'm probably getting an ereader within a month. Probably a kindle 3. Because I want to be able to read RSS comics (I don't ever do that on my PC. I never think about it. If I caried a kindle around, I'd probably get around to it), news feeds, and maybe use it for cookbooks. I don't really plan to read much, honestly! I'm getting it for it's insane battery life, and screen size.

If anyone knows a large-screened device around the Kindle Price that has wifi, does RSS feeds, two-week+ battery life, pdfs, book formats, and more, do tell!

But, I have a collection of comics. They're all in a folder archive. The main folder "Comic" and the sub folders "Chapter 1, chapter 2, chapter 3."

When I convert them in Calibre (they wo'nt convert half the time) the ordering will be messed up. Instead of going from chapter 1 to chapter 2, it'll go from chapter 1 to chapter 11!

I've yet to find software that will go from ONE to TWO!

I saw Kindle handles JPGs and PNGs finely, if a bit iffy. So I tried Mangle to convert them into a better image for the kindle. Once again, it went from Chapter 1 to chapter 11! Blast!

Am I doing something wrong?
Do I not have the right software?
branchedout is offline   Reply With Quote