View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 02:28 PM   #17
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lack-O-Booty View Post
Purchased my Kobo Vox while I was out of town last week. Got it home, all excited to fire it up and use it, only to have the update error message. Called Kobo, and was told to "push" the apparent huge download through by constantly re-trying. After several hours of this being unsuccessful, I again called Kobo. I was advised to do a factory reset and again try to "push" the download through. After almost 4 hours of failed attempts again, i called Kobo again. They advised me that my case would be sent to "tier 2" tech service. 12 hrs later I recieved an e-mail telling me to remove the backing, and pushing the little black battery reset button. Guess what? Didnt work! once again, contacted Kobo, who then stated I needed either return it to futureshop, where I purchased it, or to send my BRAND NEW Kobo in for repairs....at MY COST!! Sooo, My 2 choices are as follows
1. Drive the 5 hrs, pay gas and hotel to return it, as there is no Futureshop where I live, or..
2. Send it in for repairs, at my cost
I'm sorry, am I on Punked or something? Kobo is obviously aware of the issues with this update, and have been for several months, and have done nothing about it? How about letting your retailers know so they can warn potential customers.
Fyi, The futureshop I purchased it from, attempted to set up a different one, and had same issues I did....
I am absolutely disgusted in this company, and how they deal with the issues they have created!
Kobo seem to have issues with the update server which is affecting many people

they have now given a way to manually update it, hopefully this thread should give some info

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=172392
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote