View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 10:56 AM   #4
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleDX,Kindle 4, Kindle Keyboard 3G
First, I have a Kindle2, jailbroken, font hacked, etc. I figured I would try this Palatino, because I like the font. And there should be no difference in changing fonts from K3 to K2, right? I've done it before, and have been using a nice Georgia2 font.

So, I added the Palatino font (of course backing up my fonts folder), and it looked fine -- actually, a little too fine for my old eyes, so I decided to try the Georgia. I copied the font to my fonts folder, but when I went to do a restart, I could not! I kept getting a pop-up window asking if I really wanted to de-register my Kindle.

Finally, I replaced my font folder with the backup and did a hard restart, and everything is back as it should be.

I think this may have been due to a spacing change in the font (I noticed that there was much bigger line spacing with the Palatino), which maybe caused some kind of mis-location of the cursor?? I haven't a clue. Anyway, my old Georgia 2 font is just fine. It is just that it is hard to resist funking around.
montalex is offline   Reply With Quote