View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 06:07 PM   #20
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Half-baked, impractical, somewhat daft sound-bites is my knee-jerk reaction.

I agree totally with Xanthe, this would effectively disadvantage those who get the most from our free library system. However, this group would first need to have the means to be equipped for it - which, again, would disadvantage those same members of society.

The fact that it is about ebooks already self-limits the numbers likely to use any service.

We have to pay for CD's, DVD's, Talking Books, as it is, and I know a number of members who either cannot afford to get them, or can't access them easily. So the digital side would just be another one.

A few libraries already have a ereader service - all they have to do is roll it out nationally,and improve it a bit, and perhaps talk to manufacturers for a library-spec device ?
As has been mentioned, it would be good to know how many ereaders there would be on any committee etc....
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote