View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 04:10 AM   #18
mike_bike_kite
Digitally confused
mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, K2i, Nexus 7 32gb, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freckles View Post
Argos is still selling the Sony 505. It was £200 last time I checked. Though I suppose you wouldn't be able to test it.
But this is almost the same price our American colleagues are paying for a modern BeBoox Neo (£230) - and the 505 is smaller, infinitely less functional and 2 years old - which in dog years is over a decade out of date. As a geek I'd just find it difficult buying a device that's so old. As a consumer I just find it difficult paying over 50% more than others around the world. I assume once the Kobo (or the forecast Asus devices) come out over here then the prices will all drop but it's frustrating waiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
Late last year I bought a Hanvon 516 for $349 Australian. It had 2,100 book preloaded, which is equivalent to less than 17 cents per book and a free reader...
I understand your point but if I was to go to a torrent site then all those books (and probably more) would be available in a moment. The preloaded books are a thoughtful touch by the seller and certainly make it easier to demo the product in store but they don't really add to the value of the device. Of course, if the books were all books I dearly wanted to read, then that's a different matter.
mike_bike_kite is offline   Reply With Quote